I came across this interesting one "teeth, hammer, and blooms" posted by Rommy on 19th of June 2026.
What do you do
When nothing inspires
You to word a poem?
You clench your teeth
Hammer your brain
And voila !!
There blooms a poem ???
An easy recipe for
That mind block
Do you think ?
Not really...I am sure
Because when your
Mind is blocked
It's blocked forever
And ever...
Not even force
Not even cajolery
Not even the immortal
Lines of a classic
Can induce you to
Write till that
Sudden burst of
Inspiration alights
From within
Shared with Poets And Storytellers United
It's always good to find the words! Jae
ReplyDeleteYes, it is Jae. Thank you so much.
DeleteI find if I start, it happens. I often have no idea of where I will end up when the pen first hits the paper.
ReplyDeleteIt is like that with some of us which means the words exist somewhere inside us but we are not consciously aware of them.
DeleteI echo Cosmo's experience. Meanwhile, enjoyed your fun, writing about being unable to write.
ReplyDeleteI am sure. Noone should have a writer's block. Thank you so much for liking the poem.
DeleteHaha ... writing about writer's block is an excellent way to begin unblocking and far less painful than being hit with a hammer!
ReplyDeleteHahaha. I guess so Penelope. Thanks for giving me the idea.
DeleteGreat! Now I will able to write about Writer's unblock ...
ReplyDeletePlease do. It will be do us good.
DeleteThere has to be an easier way than using a hammer:) Like the illustration.
ReplyDeleteYep!! There must be but sometimes we do coerce our brains.
Deleteyou unblocked your writers block I usually just go for a walk and after that write anything without much thinking
ReplyDeleteTaking a walk is a good idea Marja. I take a break when I feel devoid of inspiration. And then it suddenly comes...from within.
DeleteIt is quite an experience to unravel. Forcing will only touch on the nerves. Sit it out for a while apparently and the words come running in! Very true vanderloost!
ReplyDeleteHank
Thank you Hank for that deep observation. It is indeed self observation and introspection that fuel creative zeal.
DeleteCalmness of mind is the key. A calm mind almost always unblocks it. That's my experience. However the ideas given above also have merit.
ReplyDeleteHmmm......yes calmness and peace boost creativity undoubtedly. Thank you Mathur Sahab.
DeleteI sometimes just start writing, hoping I can continue.
ReplyDeleteThe beginning is the issue. The rest follows.
Delete