Friday, 11 September 2026

Fairy God Mother

This week in Poets And Storytellers United Rommy wants us to write something from the point of view of a fairy tale character.

My response to the prompt:

She landed out of nowhere 
Most probably from above the clouds
Brandishing her magic wand 
And the broom to ride along
Eyes that crinkled with laughter lines 
And fingers so nimble I feared
She might give me a makeover 
Before I could utter, "Oh dear!"
Her charcoal black cat had weird ways
Green emerald eyes that twinkled away
Every thing about her kept me in her sway
Before the hours could tick off the day
She played with her magic spells 'n had fun
As though passing time and turned
The brinjals into purple roses bright
And ash gourds into lilies snowwhite
When I pointed to the big red pumpkin 
She looked most disenchanted though
But squealed with delight as she embarked
On giving the cherries a face lift on the go
As she had descended on a whim she fancied
A flight without a blink and off she went
To some other garden to sprout dreams and Hopes ...but the wind had a different story to tell, "All rubbish! Those magice spells...you know what....at Hogwarts she was just a novice and flown in to check on innocent
muggles whether her charms worked right
and wand did not blow off in the middle of 
casting a transformation but oh thank God
everything went all right and you were saved
from a disaster widespread but the other garden?...No..No ...they were not so lucky
after all where she messed up her magic
and the broom got stuck and the cat grew wings and flew off... left in the lurch
to be spared from muggle wrath she  metamorphosed herself into a rock..."






8 comments:

  1. Nice—I’m keeping an eye on my garden from my couch; any UFB sightings?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't overlook that extra stone too which was perhaps not there yesterday

      Delete
  2. I love how this feels like it has been written so naturally and effortlessly - Jae

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Jae. Much indebted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right, where did that rock come from? I like the black cat with "weird ways." I had a black cat like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know a witch and she never messes up her spells. I hope she does not think you are writing about her because you may find a few surprises in your garden:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😊😊 I am sure she will enhance my garden.

      Delete