Friday 26 May 2023

Mistakes Are Mine






I have shared a lot with her
Opened my heart out
My dissensions with my family
My concept of the ideal
Which was never to be found
The way I wanted to reshape
My childhood so that I could
Grow up a better person
My fear of intimacy
My inability to handle that barrage
Of emotions which I had suppressed
Over epochs , my passionate clinging
To bitterness, the inexcusable hatred
For people who have deprecated my self
My anger which is the only expression
For everything I have been deprived of
My acute sense of righteousness
The injustices languishing within me
Like  festering wounds which refuse to heal
Undoubtedly she is a good listener
Her calculated inputs sort me out 
Tells me to go about life mechanically
Day in and day out without complaint
Without repentance, without guilt, 
Without remorse - for a while it consoles me
And kind of pushes me forward
But at times as I am pulled back again
She keeps quiet because she has repeated
Herself too often and too much that 
Sometimes it sounds gibberish, garbled
I resent those moments - I chose her
Because she is only mine but I wish
When I ventilate my angst in so many
Different ways she could cry out to stop me
From going on and on or hush me up with a 
Hug or just shed a few tears because 
I just can't 




Today's Prompt : AI

Pic from Google



17 comments:

  1. Oh the sheer angst that flows through this poem makes it feel so honest and draws the reader into its emotions. And the close is so strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fascinating! I wonder, is this the human being talking about the limits of the AI confidante, or the sentient robot talking about the frustrations of a relationship with a human?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first one I guess. But I am curious to know why you thought of the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ending does suggest that the robot is frustrated that the human can't be robotic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Or the other way round Deepakji that we have all become robotic and list the human touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Asking me? Because I own her. I want to possess everything and control even if it is uncontrollable. That is why I am human.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The anguish is clear, a robotic confidante is a listener that doesn't hear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Or respond the way a human wants her companion or friend to do

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your poetry is wonderfully personal, honest, blunt, everything and anything AI is incapable of. Brilliant write.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Helen. You are always too kind.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yes you can hope only so much from a robot. The human touch hope it's not lost forever in future

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is wonderful in the way AI writing it never could be.

    ReplyDelete