Friday, 21 August 2026

Change

This week in Poets And Storytellers United Rosemary wants us to tell about change, whatever it calls to mind. 

My response:

I change
With the seasons
I change
With the winds
I change
With the colours
The flowers bring
I change 
With the clouds 
Travelling afar
I change
With the songs
The birds sing
I change
With the currents
Of the rivers' flow
I change
With the night
As the days go


I change
As change 
Is the only theme
That outlives 
My every dream








8 comments:

  1. “Change is the only constant in life,” said a wise Greek philosopher many lifetimes ago. I love how fluid your poem feels and most definitely relate. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. Change outlasts everything even when you and I are not there.

      Delete
  2. Lovely poem! But wouldn’t Dev Saab be upset with you? After all, his guidance was: ‘बदले दुनिया सारी, तुम न बदलना।

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dev Sahab also upheld floating with life... "मैं जिंदगी का साथ निभाता चला गया"

      Delete
  3. Beautifully said! And brings a whole new meaning to the idea of going with the flow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Rosemary. Acceptance of life facilitates adaptivity.

      Delete
  4. “What goes too long unchanged destroys itself.” Ursula LeGuin. Nice write Geeta 👏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the quote and your appreciation Shaun.

      Delete