Thursday 16 March 2023

Encore



rejection note
how sweet of her 
to apologize

Nothing new. 

Am  used to it. 

Stoic I call myself. 

sky watch
if only my sighs could
disperse the clouds




But this time her 'sorry' pierced. 


The headaches returned too.


ages
I have meandered 
within 



as
                          light 
                                              as
                                                                  feather

the city rises                             hollow

                                   or 

                                           is
                                    it
                                            the

                                                          mist
              in my eyes                   
 
                                      greying the sky



 wordless 
       wounds 
                  gape



feather light




Pic from Dreamstime.com




19 comments:

  1. ages
    I have meandered
    within - love this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. It's my favourite too because it's true.

      Delete
  2. A compelling read. The grey mist is light as a feather but also heavy of heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The word 'gape' struck me like a chord. Love the light as a feather look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice mood built up here and the way you constructed the piece adds to it nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This time, can it float away?
    I have a few hurts that can never float away,.
    I enjoyed reading, it read again after I straght lined it,
    easier, better for me. Sorry
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. From disappointment springs a lovely poem. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorries - can grow old and meaningless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret for your presence and comment.

      Delete
  8. If the wounds are 'feather light'-- can the healing be far behind? I wonder. So much resonated with me.
    I salute you for choosing to title this poem -- 'encore'. To never give up. To write and submit and repeat. Sounds like the poet's anthem:) Wonderful read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that you could connect with the poem.

      Delete