Wednesday 6 October 2021

Snippets - I

 this sudden urge

          to be dead

by dawn

I check my nominees

once more 


...


jostling

inside the Metro

for an inch of space

a sudden surge of freedom

whelms over

no one knows

who I am


...


waiting...

at the bus stop

I wonder

how many it takes 

to make a crowd

how many less

to make you lonely


...


I bump into 

a blushing rose bush

a greeting stray mongrel

a smiling passer by

funny! I had taken

the wrong turn


...


temple bells

I leave behind

my worn chappal

and take along

frayed memories

too heavy to part

too many to stack


These micro poems were also published in Muse India e-Journal 

2 comments:

  1. Neither pleasingly surprising, nor even awe inspiring, they are ruthlessly shocking, brutally lethal! Loved them all to the core.. couldn't help reading the third one again and again though:):)

    ReplyDelete