Tuesday 19 July 2022

Dreams

 

Nowadays I wake up

Without remembering my dreams

I let them pass

They were just dreams ...you know

But still I crave those moments

Of fancy

Of madness

Of joy

Of revelry

If only I could recall a wee bit

If only I could sleep

All night



आजकल सुबह जगती हूँ तो 

सपनें याद नहीं आते 

मैं भी जाने देती हूँ 

सपनें ही तो थे बस    पता है न 

पर फिर भी न जाने क्यों 

उन लम्हों को तरस जाती हूँ 

वो कल्पनाएं 

वो पागलपन 

वो ख़ुशी 

वो बेबाकपन 

काश मुझे याद रहते इतना सा भी 

काश मैं सो सकती रात भर 





https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYdZNyA8Zwg


Pic from Google



4 comments:

  1. Good you have dreams you'd love to retreat to. People like me have nightmares.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the double joy of reading your poetry Vandana. I read the English version and then the Hindi version. Both should've felt the same or at least similar but they did not. Somehow, the Hindi version landed deeper. Not sure why.

    ReplyDelete
  3. same poem in two languages by the same writer! I think this is the first time I have come across such versatility.
    lovely poem

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate the hesitation in the line, "They were just dreams ...you know / But still I crave those moments". It helps me relate to the speaker. Because I, too, would mourn the loss of my dreams, of not remembering them.

    ReplyDelete