Monday 29 August 2022

Violence

 

I have not violated

The rules of this world

I have not given in to vices

I have not been infidel to morals

I have not belonged to the black hole of misdeeds

I am one of those ordinary earthlings

Who live in a rut of

Breathing in and out

With such boring regularity

That it almost sucks

But I have often thought of 

Bloodying my hands

Kick out the guts of bullies

Knock out the brains of sinners

Punch hard the noses of the law breakers

Give a black eye who does not see reason

Drill logic with a hammer into the clog holes of  conceited ones

Suck out the breath out of those death eaters who soil the beauty

Of this lonely planet

I have fought with myself 

Reasoned

Not to give in to these thoughts

Yet....

I have a demeanor of  child like submission

When I look at myself in the mirror

Is it me?

Or someone else?

I wonder...

17 comments:

  1. Excellent poem. Sometimes I too have a thought of kicking out the guts of bullies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to violate a few rules once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even I think the same at times

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think most of us have been there, in one way or another. It's human to feel those feelings. And it's humane to know when they are wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your supportive comment

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like rage channelized into a poem

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well penned!

    https://ashokism.blogspot.com/2021/08/ashokism-50-poetic-reflection-in-art.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely poem.
    Thanks for visiting https://shalinisamuellovestowrite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete