Friday 19 July 2024

One Day


One day 
I shall call myself 
Home
Sit across you
And sing a heart to heart 
Song

I have
So many questions to ask 
Hoping after hope
For honest replies
To the mysteries unresolved
To the dark side veiled
By  crooked smiles
To the tears unshed
To the wound untreated
To the pain unembalmed

I guess
You will open up to me 
And I perhaps eagerly  to you
Till we find the fulcrum 
On which to balance 
Our tears and smiles
Pains and relief
Wounds and sutures

Till then
We shall seek moments of truth
Unto ourselves 
With hearts half healed
Flesh half scarred
Notes unmusical 
Lyrics jarred
Thoughts unrevealed 
Unsaid, unfelt, unspoken 
Squashed
Mysteries unveiled
Yet far apart

One day
You and I will be one

Till then....

The quest continues
Unembarked

One day
I will bring you 
Home
You and I
Together 
Shall build a nest
Of songs and lyrics 
Of your and mine

One day...




12 comments:

  1. Is it a tussle between the real 'I' and me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully expressed! I felt it all with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is person within me who is angry with me, as a writer said (I forget the name). It's good to come to terms with that person. Your lines try to do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a dichotomy within our own self which needs resolution

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed reading your poem and I love how you describe your wandering self.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely writing and raw emotion in this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the fulcrum on which to balance tears and smiles - well said, also most hard to find and reconcile with.

    ReplyDelete