This week in Poets And Storytellers United, Magaly invites us to write poetry on perspective.
My response to the prompt:
I hold a lantern
Into the night
"Oh! There's light"
I smile
But after a while
The moon seems
So distant...the stars
Way farther from sight
I agonise over day light
Irreverent to dreams
Yet
Sometimes
The night embalms
The wounds
That have slithered
Unto time unknown
I oscillate
Between darkness
And light
Days and nights
Folding my self
Into a foetus of
Knowing...not knowing
The umbilical cord
It seems
Has still not been
Severed
From the closet of
The womb
To a Universe
Of (im) possibilities
Shared with Poets And Storytellers United
We all oscillate between darkness and light, to varying degrees and at different times. I really enjoyed this poem.
ReplyDeleteI love this! Those back-and-forth reflections are so very human. And you've expressed it so arrestingly yet recognisably. (Also I now suspect you of being a night owl like myself.)
ReplyDelete